Wednesday 29 April 2020

Twin Houses

I bought these models from TimeCast a few years ago and thought it was about time I finally painted them. They are of course the iconic Twin Houses from the Seven Pines battlefield.

These buildings appear in a few photographs and drawings from the time and must have been a very noticeable landmark. I couldn’t work out what colour they were painted from the photos and I have seen models painted in both white and brown, but I opted for white.

There is no info on the Twin Houses that I could find and I wonder who lived there? Presumably two related families? The Twin Houses were demolished long ago, and a housing development now stands on the site they once occupied.

2 comments:

  1. I was probably wrong to go for grey, wish I'd had more time to build mine - these are very nice models indeed, a better guide for next time, so thanks. And I reckon white is probably right. Any ideas on what was at the actual stations themselves, like Fair Oaks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't found any photos of the station itself but there were quite a few farm buildings scattered around the battlefield. Also I read that there really were seven pine trees at seven pines and oak trees at Fair Oaks!

      Delete