Thursday 2 May 2024

Gettysburg - Scenario

I have cobbled together a scenario but I won't post it in detail here as the OOBs etc are quite long and readers will already be familiar with them. I intend to keep the rules fairly fluid which helps when playing solo.

The plan is for the game to run for 51 turns which I know is quite ambitious but as I have the luxury of a permanent table it doesn't really matter how long it takes to play. Day one will be 17 turns, day two 19 turns and day three 13 turns, there are 2 night turns.

Initial deployments each day will be made along historical lines but with casualties carried forward and troop positions altered slightly depending on the outcome of the previous day of fighting (this is where the rules will need to be fluid). Reinforcements will arrive at historical times and locations.

Each Confederate division will be represented by 3 units (brigades in the rules) with the exception of Johnson's division which is 2 units - army total it 26 brigades (I found another two hiding in a box!). I don't have sufficient units to have a divisional structure for the Union army however each corps will be represented by 4-5 units - army total is 30 brigades of infantry and 2 of cavalry.

Here is a over-head plan of the table - click to expand.

Command decisions will be decided by a die roll where necessary although I may well throw out some decisions to the blog followers to keep you on your toes!

I probably won't get started for a couple of weeks so stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. A "couple of weeks" gives ample opportunity to create some interesting chance cards a la Featherstone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I do have some ACW themed playing cards that may be of use!

      Delete